Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 5 has been by far the COOLEST week of all!

 Week 5 of this S.A.C. (Songwriters Association of Canada) song-writing and blogging challenge has been by far the coolest WEEK EVER!

Six Songs in just Six Weeks - we are getting to the end of our weekly challenge.  For our assignment this week, Christopher Ward asked us to write by trusting our subconscious.  Just write, every day, as much as I can for five days.  No stopping / no judging or editing until I run outta ideas or my hands get tired.  At end the of week, review what I have written and look for ideas that could become songs.  Choose one idea and bring to life. 

I followed our assignment instructions and wrote every day, listening and trusting.  The following words are a snap shot of the result of five days worth of  "mumbo jumbo".   When I reviewed what I had written, I found some themes for each day.

Day 1 - The Worrying Box
Where, what, who, when why and how.  Daily questions driving her crazy.  I can see the worry in her eyes.  Scribed in the lines on her face, These are the words she choosing.  These are the thoughts she chooses.  These are her actions.  Love is the key,  Love is the only thing that matters.  Does she think she is stuck?  Does she think there isn't enough love to go around? Doesn't always have to be a plan. Breathe. Trust. Let go and see what happens.  Layer by layer layers. Growing from the inside out.  Loosing touch with the world - stop to smell the flowers.

Day  2 -   Permission Slips
Turbo Tax - paying the tax man.  What is the debt free plan?. Life happens ... snow happens.
Why do I have to get I all done?  When is enough going to be ok?  What is going on in their life that makes it work for them? Is the grass always greener on the other side ... wait a minute ... I don't see any grass ... all I see is a six foot wall of SNOW.  Control and existence. What do you need to prove anyway.  Prove it to yourself.  Why do you need all these permission slips anyway?

Day 3 -  Come Home to Me ... the nights are getting longer baby.  Snow day .... kids home. Early morning rise - pj day.  Getting the taxes outta the way Horray Horray
I can sing his blues t'ill I 'm blue in the face.  I'll end up in vegas up on stage wearing his blue face. 

Day 4 - Words Not Said.  Time to let it go ...  the gift that is not tangible.  Love is not something I can hold.  She chose me - I chose her. Desire to move on. Taking a trip. Trust.  Have faith that she is in every sparkle of sunshine.  She is always there to comfort you.  We really never know why we are here, except to love and be love.  Change the world ...  by not saying anything at all.  Find delight in the little things.  Nature speaks in  all of its beauty and memory.  Let that memory wrap you and comfort you.  Loving that moment in the sunshine.  That beam of light and honour her memory and her love.  Her wings took flight.

Day 5 - Bad Day on the Range
The person in the mirror and making the change.  Maintain a certain speed in life.  Moving forward or I might go back in time.  Love the saying "bad day on the range"  Cowboy metaphor
In the heat of the moment: door frame slam / smashed, old coin found, gold coin valued.  Hair day, cowgirl home on the range.  Chores, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping.  How bad could a bad day on the range really be.  lol

The theme "Words Not Said" really called to me this week.  Totally trusting my subconscious, I resurrected a song that has been developing for a long while.  Releasing the song and recording it and then magically seeing the notes appear on paper has been the highlight of my Week 5.

My dear friend Jody Lee Bigelow has been supporting  me each week and recording my song challenge tunes.  This week he totally surprised me and was able to create the musical score for my Week 5 song. Oh my goodness! I actually have sheet music of my song "Words Not Said".  This is a happy dance moment for sure! I was so excited that I had to take a couple of pictures.  lol  Thank you so much Jody!  This is just amazing and the coolest thing ever!




The lyrics are below and here is the sound cloud link to Words Not Said

Week 6 update:  Lily C. gave us the heads up about our Week 6 Song-writing Challenge.  For our final challenge .. we get to collaborate with one our fellow challenge song-writers!  I am honoured and thrilled to be collaborating with Canadian Singer/ Songwriter Kelly McQuillan.  Kelly lives in British Columbia and released her first solo EP, "Walking Tall," in April 2013.  You can check out her website here. http://www.kellymcquillan.com/ Oh happy day!!!

I'm so in love with Today!

much love, Robyn

https://soundcloud.com/robyndewar/words-not-said-by-robyn-dewar


 Words Not Said by Robyn Dewar

The rain is falling down, tears are all I taste

I know that in my heart, I‘ve come to the right place

With every piece of me, you sparkle in my soul

For what you’ve given me, is not for me to hold

CHORUS:

Let me wrap you up in the sunshine

Let me wipe away your tears

Let me fill your soul with gladness

And comfort your buried fears

 

It’s the fear of never knowing, just who we truly are

But a crystal clear reminder that’s gifted by a shooting star

This mystery that we’ve been solving, since words are never said

It’s the quilt that we’ve been weaving, connected by tiny threads

BRIDGE:

Oh I don’t know, where to go from here

If I raise my hands up high, will the world disappear

 

The rain is pouring down; tears are still all I can taste

And the salt that’s on my lips, takes me to another place

Where the waves come rolling in, the sand is always white

It’s where I think of you the most, your wings took flight

CHORUS x2

 


No comments:

Post a Comment