Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 4 Songwriting and Blogging Challenge ... Rockin' the Cliché

Week Four - Top of the morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

My morning began with a delicious green smoothie made by my hubby. What a glass of yumminess ... mmmmm and a great way to start my day:)   Thank you Shawn!!  Even though as I look outside my dining room window I still see six feet of snow ... I know that spring is just around the corner. The days are longer and the sun feels brighter.  At the end of our March Break, we had a change of scenery and travelled to where there was less snow and was ten degrees warmer.   Shawn, Rory and I did the five hour drive down south to the big city of Toronto.  We participated in Young Living Canada Anniversary Celebration at the  Mississauga Convention Center.  I strummed my guitar and sang a few tunes for the beautiful oilers at our  World Peace Caravan fundraiser table.  We had time to take in a show at the  Toronto Sketch Fest Saturday night.    Watching the group Falcon Powder  had me rolling in my seat.  After such a long winter, I needed a good 'jelly" belly laugh. 

The Songwriters Association of Canada Six Songs in Six Weeks "Song writing and Blogging Challenge" has certainly been keeping me on my toes.  I have gotten myself into a bit of a routine now.  I find that I anxiously wait for the week to week challenge and when it gets posted... it is as if I say in in my head ... "Ok Robyn, on you mark,  get set.... go!"  lol

Christopher Ward says that our Week 4 challenge is all about rockin' the cliché, and to go back into the song-writing box.  We were to watch the Neil Young video that Christopher presented, choose 10 clichés and then brainstorm ways each cliché could be interpreted. The choose one cliché and then expand it into a song.

Sometimes clichés are obvious. A cliché is an overused expression and something that is said a lot.  Clichés are often idioms which is a figurative phrase with a implied meaning and interpreted as a phrase not to be taken literally. I have chosen a few clichés I hear often.
Time is flying by –interpreted as loosing track of time.  How I stopped paying attention to time because I was so wrapped up in the details of a specific event.  

Fit as a fiddle –  interpreted that someone is healthy and in good shape.

A diamond in the rough – interpreted as though the person, object or location has value that will be seen or discovered in a timely manner.  It needs polishing.  It has potential to be valuable and solid. 
A lemon - interpreted that when life gives you lemon, make lemonade. An opportunity to see the positive through the negative experience. A lemon is sour... but I like to think of it as a sunny fruit that is a gift.  When I add lemon juice to my salad dressings it gives the salad a yummy, bright flavour.  We need the sour in our lives as much as we need the sweet in order to balance the taste of life.

What comes around goes around -  interpreted as karma and my perspective is that how I treat others, will eventually be how people treat me.  

Read between the lines – interpreted as that there is always a different story of what is not being said.
The calm before the storm – interpreted as a knowingness is that things are quiet now ... but be prepared the huge spiral of energy happening soon.

Only time will tell – interpreted as the result will be revealed in divine timing.
I have so much cash, it's coming outta my ass - interpreted as that fact that money is overflowing and I am  abundant.  What am I going to spent all of this money on. I am so wealthy the money is pouring outta me.  This is part of secret of the universe.  When I am in the mindset I have money .... I actually do have money.  The abundant song ... love this!
 
Bag of bones -  interpreted as a undernourished person or very thin person.

The cliché I chose to write about is "I have so much cash – it is coming outta my ass."  I called the song The Cash SongIt was tricky for me to write a song using the word ass.  Ass is another word for bottom or butt or even a donkey.  I do use this word but I had ask my two daughters if they were ok with their Mommy using the word "ass" in a song.  They said yes ... so I started writing.  To be honest ... I am really happy to see  week four ... out the door! Cliché or no cliché it has been challenging.  I am discovering who I am through the pressure of this challenge and has been an incredible experience.  I must have had twenty pages of lyrics all around me during the writing process.  I felt panicked that I story of the song would not evolve.  I literally surrendered during this process.  And within minutes ... the story was revealed.  And I am happy.
 
Thank you once again Jody Lee Bigelow for your patience and professionalism during this song recording process.  He had quite the busy week last week ... and I am so grateful for his friendship and support!!!!!  Looking forward to our Week 5 Challenge.  Whoot whoa  ... we are almost there :)

I hope you enjoy The Cash Song.  https://soundcloud.com/robyndewar/the-cash-song-by-robyn-dewar The lyrics are posted below. 

So in love with today!

much love, Robyn
 

Week 4
The Cash Song by Robyn Dewar

It is so amazing being here with y’all tonight
Gonna tell you about a story that might give you a fright
But take heed … maybe you will find the light
Well … whatever you find … be sure that whatever you wish for or ask for or pray for
You must really really want it … with all of your might


I had me a problem and I didn’t know what do
I spent some time drinking red wine thinking of the answers to
Needed a solution, it was a real strange problem for me
There was this money tree pouring down on me and it was soaking me to the bone


There was much cash, coming out my ass and more showed up every hour
I didn't mean to complain but I was going insane from all the financial power
It was no fantasy; but a real money tree and pouring out a fortune on me
And it soaked through my drawers and oh dear Lord … …I've got cash coming outta my ass


I read me that book by Napoleon Hill
And look what happened to me
I took a gratitude spin and boy did I win me a big problem that day
An abundance mess and I must confess I don’t know what else to say


I bought me up a few of them luxury items
Since the cash started pouring outta me
Like Dom Perrion, and caviar, and a really, really fast sports car
And I never ever heard of Sotheby’s


CASH CASH CASH – What to do with all this
CASH CASH CASH – What to spend on all this X2
I never had a problem like this before


So I placed a call up to heaven
And said Lord, what on earth did you do
A thunder filled voice said I made the choice and when I asked for a bigger territory
And it was my fault there was nothing that God could do


I surrender Lord
I surrender Lord
Could you clear a path through my back door


I surrendered to my God and gave him all of the glory
and he would help re-write my story


So I cleared my Karma and bought up big Pharma
And cured me a disease
So happy we have our health cuz I shared my wealth
And the cash coming is coming outta my ass


CASH CASH CASH – What to do with all this
CASH CASH CASH – What to spend on all this X2


An abundance mess and I must confess that the universe put me to the test
Well I've got the moral of this story and all of its glory
Yah good people can do good things with cash too

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment