Monday, September 8, 2014

From a Songwriting Challenge to a Raw / Living Vegan Foodie Challenge ... 21 Days worth for this singer / songwriter

This 21 Day Raw Foodie Challenge is something I have been wanting to do for  quite awhile.

As a singer / songwriter I lovingly create music everyday.  Music is my passion.  But like many,  I don't have to have just one passion.  I love to create with food .... living food.  This raw foodie challenge has my name written all over it.  I am so excited!!!  Check out RAWBYN ESSENTIALLY RAWED  A group created to share essentially raw and living food recipes and pictures.  Connecting like-minded foodies together to share in creating a fabulous kitchen resource.

I have enjoyed such a fantastic Northern Ontario summer!  My summer was filled with quality family time, music, growing local food, swimming, exploring and reflecting.  It is the reflecting piece that has convinced me to do this challenge.

Raw food / living food has been of interest to me for as long as I can remember.  For the next three weeks I will be eating raw / living, vegan food.   I will be celebrating a huge variety of  fruits / veggies / sprouts / nuts / juicing and salads.  No caffeine.  No dairy.  No white sugar.

I have been a vegetarian since our oldest daughter was two.  I used to be a big "meat eater".  As a kid, I was the one who would be chewing on the pork and steak bones.  After we had our first daughter, I started experiencing major pain.  Not fun!  This severe digestive issue back in 1997 motivated me to remove all forms of  white and red meat out of my diet.  I saw a health professional who suggested I consider removing meat from my diet to see how it made me feel.  After only a week of eating this way, my tummy and bowel felt a whole lot better.  The bloating was reduced and I felt I was on a new wellness path.   It was a bit of a learning curve for me to find new recipes while adding a variety of more interesting foods to my plate.  I felt like a bit of a pioneer in my family ... the "only" vegetarian.  lol Back then, (which wasn't very long ago) there were many people who had not even heard of the term vegetarian. We sure have come along long way baby!!!  I went to a Women's gathering just yesterday and the buffet served was 100% vegetarian.  not even bacon bits in the salad lol

In 2005,  I discovered raw / living  food.  I love this approach to healthy cuisine and I love how I feel when I eat this way.  I began watching a YouTube show created by  Matt and Angela Monarch -  The "Raw Food World - TV Show"  "We've got tips and recipes and healthy living ... so for fun and inspiration come and join us in ... the raw food world" became my obsession for discovering all I could about a new concept for me of healthy eating.  Shortly after, I  began to acquire a small library of every Raw food recipe book I could find. Since then, I have met a couple of Raw Foodies and have learnt a lot from them.  I am confident from the information that I have acquired over the past eight years of researching this way of eating ... I am going to thrive during the next three weeks.

I am happy to document my 21 Day Food Raw / Living Foodie challenge in this e-journal format.  I will share my recipes and what I experience as I journey through this challenge.

I am looking forward to sprouting little broccoli seeds and making delicious raw lasagna with spinach and nut "cheese". I am setting the intention that I have access to a bounty of organic, locally grown local food . Oh I am so happy!! and so in love with TODAY!!  Much love, Robyn xo







No comments:

Post a Comment